Friday, December 28, 2007

Face your darkest fear.

I was brought to reality once again. I woke up only to find myself contained high up in the sky. I thought I was falling down. I shut my eyes. But there wasn't any wind resistance. I peeked. No doubt I was still lying down, the bright blue sky was still there. I was still here. I was lying on thin air? I got up and felt the ground I was lying on. Glass. I was lying on transparent glass here in the middle of the skies? What the fuck? I stood up and trembled as I looked down what's beneath me. Forests, islands and waters! My legs failed me immediately. I collapsed on the glass. I was too high up here, I couldn't breathe. I gasped for oxygen and I couldn't believe it. The air up here was so fresh. Lying motionlessly, I was too afraid to move an inch. I was so scared that I would just drop. I was trembling with fear. What seemed to be for hours, I lied there, not moving a muscle for height was one of my greatest fear.

I felt a tingle in my spine. I heard it. A crack. I tilted my head and I saw something cracked. Another crack followed by a whole series of cracking sound! The glass was cracking! Oh no! I restricted my movement and slowly got up. The glass is giving way! I ran away from the cracking glass and away. The next thing I realised, I was running so far away. The entire ground I was standing on was glass and the cracking did not stop! It was spreading so fast that the whole ground would break in no time! The glass behind me cracked opened and the next thing I knew it, I was being pursuit by flying cockroaches! I ran as fast as I could. Imagine being chased by thousands of roaches and running like a lunatic in mid air. This must be another nightmare again! I must wake up.

Suddenly, the glass gave way. I fell. Down and out, I opened my eyes. Darkness surrounded me. I tried to reach for anything around me. I felt so itchy. I felt this lever on top of me and I pushed it open. I saw light and the box I was in was falling! I was lying in a coffin of roaches! Thousands and millions of them! All over me. I screamed as the coffin door shut itself on me. I felt these roaches reaching all over me and I was falling. As I lied in the falling dark coffin with roaches all over me, I knew it. All these, were not any of those nightmares I had before. They were my darkest fears. There wasn't any exit for me now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great one. 7/10

19 said...

thanks pal,but it's not really well done.I noted it down with haste.