Thursday, November 08, 2007

Jenni

I was with this lady. I met her when I was hospitalised a year ago. She was five years elder than me. She was gorgeous. She was every men's dream. Having her means everything to anyone. Her name was Jenni. But her husband thought elsewise. Her husband was rich. She need not worry over her meals and expenses. All was taken care of. She had all the branded stuffs from handbag to even her lingerie. But she just wanted love. She wanted care, concern and attention from him. He was always busy with work. Coming back from work late at nights was understandable, but having lipstick marks on him was too much. She couldn't take it. She was always crying. Till she met me. The cries was replaced by smiles on her face. I could see she was very happy. I was happy too. We met almost everyday.

She showered me with expensive gifts and her utmost love. She would drive me anywhere. She would pay for our meals and expenses. She even rented a condominium and offered me to stay with her. Why not? I could get to see her everyday. Other than all that, each time we met, she would buy me an apple. Puzzled by that, one day, I asked her.

Why apple, gorgeous?


When I was dating with my husband, he would buy me an apple everyday. Those were the sweet times. But now.. well, so I hope our love and time spent together will be as sweet. Don't you be like him one day!


I noticed that her eyes were red by the time she finished. So not to further rub it in, I stopped asking. I stole a glance at her. Her lips was tilted upwards. She was smiling while tears slipped from her watery, sparking eyes. The smile was telling me, For all the unhappy past I had, they are all parried away the day I met you. I am so glad and fortunate to have you. I will never forget that smile. It was the sweetest smile I've ever witnessed. I dried her tears as she embraced me. It was, indeed, the best moment in my life.

Though the five years age gap, there wasn't anything we would not talk about. We were very close. She would tell me everything about her and I would tell her too. We were just like a normal couple. Just that I was with a married lady.

Everything went smoothly till one day. She stopped contacting me. I was devastated. My world seemed to be collapsing. There wasn't any light. I tried calling her, messaging her. I never did succeed. The place where we called home was so quiet without her. I tried for weeks. Finally she replied my text message,

Don't call me anymore. I think we should put a stop to our relationship. Take care, Bye.


Why? Did he find out about us? He wants you back? Please, why?


He apologised for everything he did. I guess I still love him. The time you and me spent together were really sweet. Thanks for everything and making me the lady that was showered with the love, care and concern. I will miss the times we spent together. Take care my love, bye.


With that, she did not reply any further. I called her. I tried every means of getting her back. But to no avail. The time without her was agonising. Months later, I received a phone call that she passed away. The caller was anonymous and that lady gave me an address. I rushed over and arrived at this grand mansion. Inside the compound, I saw Jenni's car! Wanting to find out more from her family or even her husband, I shouted. Her servant was at the door. She let me in without asking me any question. I was puzzled. Did her servant know about my relation with her? I wandered to the living room and happened to come across a photo of us on the table. It was last taken when we met up. I was hugging her and both of us were smiling happily.

Something is wrong here!


Seeing nobody was around except for the servant, I rushed up the stairs to her room, simply not giving a damn whether her husband was around. I seem to know where her room was. I opened the door, and I was taken aback by what greeted me. The huge master bedroom was so grand, with all their pictures framed all over the wall. There was this huge picture on the wall. It was their wedding photo. I went over to inspect closer at her husband. I wanted to see for myself who was the bastard that had that luck to have such a gorgeous and wonderful wife.

I was shocked. That face, that guy looked familiar! That.. that bastard was me! I retreated with disbelief. I was puzzled. What on earth? I looked around at all the pictures in the room. Those photographs are those we took when we were together! Just then, her servant stepped into the room.

Sir, you're finally back. Madam instructed me to hand you this letter.

Hey Love,

You're finally back in our own home. Remember you told me that you don't love me? I did not take those words. I know you love me. Now I know you really do. I will always love you too. I know this seems too sudden for you to take it. But you see my love, you had an accident. You lost your memory and you couldn't remember me. Maybe it was a good thing. Before you had that accident, you said you wanted a divorce. And after that accident, you couldn't remember anything about us. So I guess that accident helped to savage our love. But please forgive me my love. I know I'm selfish but I am so scare. So scare that if I were to tell you about all these beforehand. I would lose you. So I rather not. I chose to have a fresh start with you. Sorry for not answering your calls, I did not want you to hear my dying voice, see my dying looks. I just want you to have the best of me, not the worst of me. You see, I contacted cancer all these years and only found out months ago. Sorry for being selfish and all the happy times we had, I will never forget them. Thanks for giving us another chance. I love you always. You are the apple of my eye too. Your sweet love for me, are all in the cabinet.
Goodbye, my love.

Your Apple, Jenni


Hey love, why an apple every single day?


Cause.. You're the apple of my eye, Jenni. And I want to show you that no apple is sweeter than you.


I opened up her cabinet. Thousands of apples filled the whole interior of it. Those were the apples I gave to her. I broke down in tears. Sorry. Now that I recalled, my apologies came a little too late.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you posted on the 8th nov and mine was 6th nov and you said i copy your letter ideas? a pot calling a kettle pure fuck black.

19 said...

that's the 2nd post of my letter-trend.1st post titled Mr Memories was on October 31st.I won.
Under section 246(a),you violated the copyright infringement law.

and can you stop being so petty!Post here and there.ninapa fucking complainant.

Anonymous said...

Cause i went to my blog first before coming over to your's, only to see the post with letter idea.

Madeleine said...

wah... like that also can quarrel~
Diaoz....

19 said...

hahaha,this is not quarrel maddy.this is just showing our compassion to each other

Madeleine said...

wat the......