Friday, November 30, 2007

War of Cowardice

I was in the middle of a battlefield. Gun shots, explosion filled the entire forest. Rooted to the spot, I was spinning, looking on desperately as comrades and enemies charging at each other all around me. I was unarmed, without any ammunition or did I forget that I was holding a rifle around me? Who were those people? I tried to shoot but I couldn't! Who were my comrades? Who were those enemies? Nothing on the field could render any help in recognising who were whom. Suddenly, something struck me. The next minute, I was running all around, escaping. Away and far from where they were. But I could not find any cover. Like a lunatic just escaped from the asylum, I sprinted so fast that I could match a deer! I ran in all directions. I could tell there were a lot of eyes looking at me but I kept on running cause I couldn't stop! A few of them were chasing me, trying to grab me, trying to pin me down. This battle was too much for me. All that was left in me was cowardice and desperation. I witnessed dying bodies lying everywhere, fresh blood dyeing the green forest red. I could not remember how long and how far I ran. Finally, I guess I was caught.

I was drenched in perspiration. I was in a room with people surrounding me. What have I done? I was wet from head to toe. Those people were not the enemies, they were my teachers. Why was I here? Finally, I woke up and my head was in pain. I threw up. Was something trying to reenact the scene using me? Or was I that coward once?

No comments: