Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Best Photograph Ever Taken



Strips of golden lights eased out of the horizon
With valleys and rivers stretching the entire field
It reminded me of my existence in this beautiful world
At least, in this beautiful place
The fragrance of flowers lingered in the air
I stood on the mountains to frame this breathtaking scene
Images after images
I snapped with haste not wanting to miss any second of it

After what seemed to be hours of capturing the paradise on earth
The void in my head persisted
My mind was challenging me
Just when i was thinking what was i missing
This lady graced past me
Her silhouette blocked the bright hot sun
Like how an umbrella would shield you from

The addition of her in this scenary is flawless
The fields behind her was calling out to her
The rivers seemed to stop its flow of water
They were reaching out to her
Without delay
I reached to her too and
took the most mesmerising photograph ever

Her smile bid me goodbye as she disappeared down
the mountain and out of sight
I cheered in delight and jubilance
Thinking that this could be the masterpiece of all
Just when i was being complacent
I tripped
With my camera reaching over to the
valleys below
I dived with everything i've got
It was too late
The camera with the best photograph was gone
Gone to the paradise on earth
With the sun setting
My hopes were shattered
There goes the best photograph ever taken


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wk, get a life.

19 said...

hahahahaha,well i'm getting a life. I am going out later while you are working your ass out! *I have a life i have a life*

Anonymous said...

no, i meant stop creating poem like there's no tmr, get a life.

19 said...

thanks for rubbing it in yang.hopefully in time to come,i'll have a life and i will show it to you.

and so by leaving numerous of comments on my posts is..an act full of life?

Anonymous said...

Again i didnt say thats an act full of life. My mouth is full of words right now.

Anonymous said...

fucking fool, since when u are so into poet and shit lol llo

yours truly
benny

19 said...

hi benny <3 i am all along a romantic poet. just that i don't reveal it to you *shy*