Thursday, December 06, 2007

Desaturated tragedy.


Well trapped in this transparent cube I called home, I'd sometimes yearned to roam the world on the other side. Though she provided me with everything I needed, I was never satisfied. From the color stones to the color marbles she changed, I'd never once interested with those. I only played with the mini soft ball she bought when she was around looking on. She did everything she thought was necessary to give me an extravagant life. She even placed our photo just outside my tank allowing me to admire. She doted on me so much. Lucky was the name she gave me but I did not even know her name! I was the luckiest chameleon. A pretty owner and a pretty cube I called home. What more could I ask for?

How I wish I could lie with you.

I turned blue. She had this guy to argue with every night. He was one of the ugliest man I've ever seen. He was much worse than her old man! If I ever had the chance to unleash, he would be dead before me. Why would humans like my pretty owner chose a beast like him to be a partner? She would cried for hours in front of me. I couldn't understand much. She was a human being afterall.

If you could give me one chance. Just once.

I turned red. That beast was staring at me. I couldn't tolerate his behavior anymore. Making faces and knocking on my tank, he was courting death! He reached in for me. My chance! I took a bite and bit off his finger! He landed on the floor screaming for help. I was out of the cube by now and I took my chance well. I reached my tongue aiming straight to his eyes. He was rolling on the floor helplessly. He grabbed my tail and threw me against the wall. I was so white. I couldn't breathe! I was gasping for breath as..

I died a happy pet. This tragedy.. is a worthy one.

She came into the room and scoped me up with both of her hands. She cuddled me and I felt tears. Finally, all those tears, these were for me. I smiled as she kissed me. I died a happy green chameleon. My death brought me life. Finally I repaid her. If there's one thing I could exchange my colors with,

I would like to learn your name.

No comments: