Sunday, November 04, 2007

I don't love you.

You asked me, When is the rain going to end? I told you, It's not going to stop till you say 'Yes'. The heavy rain pouring down regardlessly. Somehow, I felt awful to the silence. The tapping of rain drops did not help at all. The silence was too concentrated. As we stood under the shelter, I could see every single detail of her pale face.

Can you tell me where is the rainbow? The heavy downpour is affecting my vision. I don't see any. I want to tell him that so bad. Tell him that I can't, I can't take that feeling back. How I wish this rain could stop. So I could just run away from him. I can't bring myself to say Yes. I say nothing at all. To think that this rain will stop, it never did and never will.

I buried it in my head for too long. I didn't think that it could just escape my lips just like that. I uttered something and ran away from the rain. Or did I try to escape from her? I guess it can't be helped. As I ran, there wasn't any sound from her still. I did not turn back. As I ran, my legs hurt but I can't stop now. I could not bring myself to face her again. It was all my fault.

He mumbles, Sorry and run away. I can't bring myself to stop him. I stand there looking at him. As he distances away, I feel that I have lost something. Something important. A raindrop lands on one of my slippers. As I look down, another drop lands. It was not the rain from the sky. It was the rain from my eyes. The next moment, I cry. How could he said that? How could I say Yes? I am supposed to be the one running away.

Can you let me go? Thinking about the question makes me guilty. To date, I still can't find any better option than running away. I don't mean it, girl. I am sorry. I am not worthy for you.

No comments: