Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Almost-Ed

You said you were sorry
You said it's all your fault
You cried miserably

I said it's alright
I said it's not your fault
You cried dramatically

I consoled you the other way round
You hugged me all around
We parted ways this time round

If letting go was what you want
I'd released the rope

I lived in the shadow
You shine in the bright
I stumbled and fell
While you climb and triumph

Since you show me the way
I have no choice but to leave

Those times we spent
Were nothing compared to your fun
Forsaken were my commitments
There you threw them all around

Your tears are precious
Don't you cry again

I tried to stay strong
I tried to hide it all
I have hidden them well
But I just can't deceive myself

All the best I'm wishing you
As for the rest, please do not turn back


A poem dedicated to my dear colleague.

No comments: