Thursday, May 01, 2008

Chelsea 3 Liverpool 2

It hurts to think now. It ached to watch the second half of extra time. 15 long minutes to watch in pain as my favourite team went two goals behind. It's a torment to watch your favourite players tired up, but still running, trying their utmost best to push for goals. If I can sing, scream and shout all to evaporate those disappointing faces of Gerrard, Carragher, Torres, and company, I would. After a solid 90 minutes, I thought all was over but penalties shootout after extra time. I was anticipating us to pick up victory for the third time over them after they were denied a goal due to offside in extra time. I thought it was our night.


But my thoughts were shattered minutes after that denied goal, a penalty was given against us! My both palms were cushioning the back of my head again. As I watched two goals conceded in the first period of the extra time, my heart sank.


The living room was observed in silence throughout the remaining minutes of the extra time. For two Reds' fans sank into their seats while the third one, still biting his finger with intense anger and desperation, refusing to stop till his finger came off. The fourth watching the match is a neutral one as he watched on with the rest, he did not rub salt onto their wounds. Instead, he remained silence as he understands very well what it is like to be in this situation.


Finally with the final whistle blown after the extra time, I let out a short cry, 'Good Game'. It was a good game indeed. We can still hold our heads high as there will always be another season. That's what Liverpool fans are about. We don't go around repaying a friend who took the effort to send the instant result with the scoreline not in favour to himself, by replying a text message saying, 'Yes! Liverpool sucks'. That's how a typical Chelsea/Manchester United fan would do. So I've learnt a lesson here.

And for Chelsea fans and Manchester United fans AND manager, you know nothing about winning by losing.


Yes, we've lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fourth one is glad you credit and understands him.

Anonymous said...

but what about the fifth and sixth?