Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Friends.



Hello peng you! Jiak ba buay?

Just today, after years of realisation, I finally got it somehow or rather. 'Best' friend. Most of us has got at least one. I realised. To what extent would your 'Best' friend go, just to cover the extra distance for you. Some 'Best' friends might just do that. But, the question pops up again. To what extent?

Fortunately, I have this luck of meeting good and beautiful 'Best' friends. But of course, one or two disappoint you along the way. I have still got a few more 'Best' friends around. There are always incidents that leave 'Best' friends turning into the exact opposite. 'Best' friends that lost each other's contacts, then got back together, and became 'Not-So-Best' friends.

Myself, I have a friend whom I never regard him as my 'Best' friend in the past. But after numerous occasions, I finally realised how good he treated me as his 'Best' friend. He makes me feel so much better and he makes me feel he covers the extra distance just especially, for me. I am not sure about his perspective, but for me, I feel that at least he made the effort to make me FEEL that. Most of us, as friends, would not even TRY to make an effort to make the other party feel that way. Myself used to be the latter.

I fully understand why JIHONGS jihong. Sometimes, you just can't blame them. All guys are jihongs, myself is one too, but again, to what extent? Afterall, when guys need it, who is the one going to satisfy them? Not you as friends, of course. In a classic scenario, when you're sick, would your 'Best' friend go to your house and take care of you throughout the entire period? I make it simpler, How many 'Best' friends would tabao food to your doorstep when you're running a fever even after his/her tiring day at work?* My girlfriend would. And of course(out of the JIHONG subject abit ah), my grandmum would check on me every half an hour.

I despise those who take advantages of their friends. Making use of friends, I put it bluntly, is normal. But taking advantages, that is absolutely unacceptable. Making use and taking advantages are like tea and coffee. They are two different matters to begin with. And these people are simple fucked up. These friends are what I am ranting about. They are bound to be one or two among your circle of friends. Peeping over your shoulder, looking for any cheese they can consume on your lap.

Friends are absolutely important, no doubt. But friends are like water. You can play in it and you can play with it, but if you are not a good swimmer, don't dive in too deep into it. You'll drown. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying your friends will kill you. But if you're not aware, your 'Best' friend might just get you into deep waters. Those friends who deserve your effort to make them feel the extra distance covered, walk the ninth mile for them. Afterall, they went that for you. For those who don't even care, don't waste your time and effort. Save it for your good friends instead.

You can live without friends, but you can't live without them. You can TON with friends but you can't live with them. Blood is always thicker than water. Friends or no friend, they will always be just friends.


*I counted mine. None.

5 comments:

lydd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lydd said...

you also no friend? comecome you still have cheetah toadchua ^^

19 said...

don't you know how to read? which line say i no friend? SIAO AH SIAO CHABOR!

lydd said...

u everytime scold me one leh. nv one time nice to me.. ROAR!

Anonymous said...

Did you include those who bring PS2 and/or PS3 to your house at 3 A.M to let you feel the pleasure of kicking a ball at Wembley Stadium? Or share a tub of Paddle Pop ice cream while watching movie?