Monday, October 08, 2007

LFC

After watching the match between Liverpool and Spurs, I realised that it's time to stop pinning my hopes so high. I was a reds supporter since i was primary 4 and at that point of time, Liverpool finished a few seasons at the mid of the table. Fifth, sixth or ever seventh. Most of the time, she disappointed me. Liverpool had their Fowler and Macca as their icons and that was the time my favourite soccer star Michael Owen still holding on the number 18. That was 1996. I told myself, maybe give her a decade to change everything. Maybe after ten years, Liverpool could lift the EPL trophy.


I was wrong. Now, it's more than ten years and Liverpool still did not lift it. I can't help by remaining negative cause seriously, I've stick with the team for 11 years or so. She disappointed me countless of times. She made me proud too, not once but quite a number of times. They lifted the League Cup. Well Man U fans actually mocked us about the League Cup, 'What's that? League Cup Oh my god. We can give that to you lah cause we have all the MAJOR cups in the world.' But last season, did i saw their first team for the finals? Other than the league cup, Liverpool lifted the UEFA cup and FA cup. Which eventually won 'What the fuck treble' in a season. To us, though this is nothing compared to Man U's treble, we are still that proud. From Roy Evans, to Gerard Houllier. I am with Liverpool all the way. So now, i don't think there is any thing to be disappointed about, it can't be that bad as 1996 right? Compared to then, she made vast improvements! Rafa Benitez help us won the Champions' League and brought signings like Xabi Alonso and now Torres!



What can we complain about? Every season, Liverpool are one of those favourites to win the EPL, but come on let's face it! Give Liverpool 10 more years, i still don't think they can lift the EPL trophy :( It's sad but come on, for fans like me, we have nothing more to disappointed about. And let's not pin our hopes too high, Champions' League? We can only managed to win then, not now or in the future. The point is, I would stand by Liverpool even she was to be relegated to Division 1, or even non league! I am very sure i will. Just do not pin your hopes too high, fellow Liverpool fans. Well, just good luck and whatever shit happens, I'll be here rooting for you. Liverpool F.C! You'll never walk alone!

No comments: